Providenciales is served by several major airlines and can be easily reached with direct flights from the U.S., U.K., Canada, the Bahamas, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti. Daily flights from Europe and South America to Miami can connect with flights to Providenciales on the same day. Several chartered flights are available from US cities.
Note: A valid passport is required for travel to Turks & Caicos. Please contact your airline, travel consultant or http://travel.state.gov/passort for more details.
TRANSFERS TO THE RESORT
Transfers on the island are done via local taxi service. Upon clearing customs at the airport just walk outside and a ground transport representative will assist with getting a taxi. Airport taxis are typically van style, and can easily accommodate large parties with plenty of room for luggage.
Cost for transport to Ocean Club is approximately $18-20pp* each way (based on a shared taxi).
*Taxi rates are government regulated, while we do keep on top of occasional changes, if a change occurs there may be a few day delay before new rate is shown on website. Rates are based on a shared taxi with a minimum of 2 people. Single taxi cost may vary, please ask driver in advance if single taxi is required.
- Airport Transfers – Are available by taxi service for a current rate of $18-$20/per person to the resort (based on shared taxi).
- Car Rentals – Available at the airport and on island. Tropical Auto Rental is our preferred agency, 649 946-5300.
- Taxi Service – Is available at the airport and on island. Local taxi rates are government mandated.
- Excursion Trips – Most excursion operators will offer complimentary round trip bus service. Check with the company you are booking with in advance.
- Bicycles – We offer complimentary adult bicycles. Take a tour of the Grace Bay Area!
We offer guests a complimentary shuttle between Ocean Club and Ocean Club West.
- Relax – One of our most popular activities!
- Diving – Diving – We offer some of the world’s best diving.
- Tennis – Complimentary on-site tennis is available and lit for night playing.
- Excursions – Snorkeling, Iguana Island, cave exploration, beach BBQ’s and private tours can be arranged.
- Golf – Golf across from Ocean Club at one of the top ten courses in the Caribbean, Provo Golf Club.
- Ecotourism – Spend the day kayaking, bicycling or hiking – for the active and adventurous! Island Day Trips – Explore other islands in the Turks & Caicos with a private tour and lunch on the beach.
- Fishing – Some of the best catch in the world, private charters and group trips. Deep sea, bottom and bone-fishing.
- Watersports – Banana boats, jet skiing, catamarans, parasailing. Something for everyone.
- Casino – The Casablanca Casino (within walking distance), now open. Good luck!
- Fitness – On-site fitness center as well as local yoga and Pilates
- Nearby attractions and excursions include miniature golf, the world’s only Conch Farm, snorkeling, diving, canoeing, bicycling, banana boats, watersports and horseback riding.
- Amenities for children include on site watersports rentals, beach toys, board games, video library, cribs, strollers, high chairs, baby monitors and children’s menus. Children 12 and under are always free.
- Seafari is an interactive environment exploration game. Upon check-in each child will be given a game kit. It identifies the various indigenous plants and species that can be found at Ocean Club. They then search the property identifying what they found and where they found them. Prizes are awarded for completed searches.
Top 28 Questions
What is the difference between Ocean Club and Ocean Club West?
Very little. Ocean Club West, our sister property, is located just under a mile down the beach from Ocean Club and is very similar. Both offer the convenience of a condominium with the amenities of a deluxe beachfront Resort. Guests at one are automatically guests at the other. Ocean Club is landscaped in a verdant, Caribbean style with two separate pools surrounded by lush gardens.
Ocean Club West offers a more open tropical pool and garden design. We offer a complimentary shuttle between the resorts and there is reciprocal charging at the restaurants.
What does Ocean Club West have to offer?
Ocean Club West offers 64 suites all with the same comforts as its sister property. With spacious studio suites and junior, one, two and three bedroom suites built by the same company that created Ocean Club. The suites are very similar in design to Ocean Club. Ocean Club West also offers a fitness center with Spa, a large free-form pool crossed with bridges and featuring a gazebo. Gas grilles are located in the gazebo. There are two tennis courts. Guests have use of our complimentary kayaks and paddleboards.
The open air Solana oceanfront restaurant offers an extensive menu in addition to sunset views. Ocean Club West is located just under a mile from Ocean Club on the same white sand beach! It’s just across from the Ports of Call Shopping Center and is within walking distance of several local restaurants, shops and an IGA Gourmet Grocery.
How do I decide which property to stay at?
It’s a toss up! Ocean Club has two restaurants and two pools. Its lush gardens envelope you in a Caribbean dream. Ocean Club West’s large free form pool and more open garden plan offers an expansive tropical feel. Remember, with some shared amenities and convenience of our free shuttle service between both properties, you can’t go wrong at either.
Which property is nicer?
Our management company has insured that both Resorts are carefully maintained so we can assure our guests that they will receive the deluxe accommodations we are known for.
How many people can I fit in my room and are there sofa beds and/or rollaway beds available?
It depends on the accommodations booked. Studio and studio deluxe suites are designed to accommodate two guests only (no sleeper sofa, rollaway beds or cribs allowed). Our junior suites, one, two, and three bedroom suites may feature sleep sofas, if not, roll away beds and cribs are available at no extra cost. For your convenience please contact 1(800)457-8787 prior to arrival if additional bedding such as use of the sleep sofa, rollaway bed, or crib is needed.
May I make a specific room request?
We will do our best to honor your request but because all our suites are unique and individually owned we can not guarantee that the room you want will be available when you check in.
Can ground level accommodations be reserved for medical reasons?
Yes, in certain room categories at Ocean Club only but, subject to availability at the time of booking. Studio suites are not available on the ground level. Please note that there are no elevators.
How old are the properties?
They were started in the mid-nineties and completed in the early two thousands. Both properties are meticulously maintained (we close each property for a month in the fall for updating and refreshing). Each suite is reviewed annually and held to a very high standard. All of the first built suites in our rental program have been updated with new kitchens, baths, electronics and furniture. This effort is ongoing.
Is wireless available? Is there a cost? Is there a business center?
Complimentary wireless is available in the pool areas and en-suite via password (front desk will provide password upon request). There are business centers in both Resorts that also feature complimentary wireless.
What are the complimentary amenities available at Ocean Club Resorts?
Use of all pools, tennis courts, stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, beach towels, beach lounge chairs, umbrellas, gas grills, bikes, DVD’s, books, wireless (certain areas), cable television and shuttle service between the Resorts.
Are there amenities available for children?
Yes, children’s menus in our restaurants, and child friendly areas in our pools. We also offer beach toys, cribs, roll-a ways’, baby monitors, strollers and high chairs at no charge.
How many restaurants are available on site?
We have three restaurants available on property. At Ocean Club, Cabana Bar and Grille is located right at the edge of the beach with amazing sunset views. Opus is a fine dining restaurant offering in-door and garden dining and has an extensive wine list. At Ocean Club West, the Solana Restaurant is located between the pool and the beach and offers a varied menu. And it too enjoys sunset views! Guests at both resorts have charging privileges at all the restaurants.
Do you offer catering and banquet facilities?
Yes, Cabana Bar & Grille and Solana Restaurant offer small event catering. Opus offers catering and banquet facilities for up to 150 seated guests. Ask about our wedding facilities.
What is there to do?
Our guests tell us “Doing Nothing” is their favorite activity at Ocean Club Resorts! There are lots of other things to do here though; the beach, snorkeling, diving, horseback riding, para-sailing, and much more. The resorts share three pools, three tennis courts, complimentary bicycles, nearby golf and boat rentals. Nearby casino and some night spots. You can rent a car and explore the island’s charms from the Conch Farm to Duty Free Shops. We offer a complimentary lending library of books and DVD’s.
Is there beach and room service?
We offer a limited menu for room delivery. Beach service is offered at both beachfront restaurants.
Which Airlines fly there?
American, U S Air, Delta, Air Canada, West Jet, Jet Blue, United and British Airways serve Providenciales (airport code is PLS). Schedules can vary based on season.
How do you get from the airport to the Resorts?
There are taxis available at the airport (the fare is currently $36 – $40 per trip for one or two passengers and $18 – $20 for each additional passenger. Children are generally half the extra adult fare).
How is the night life? Is there a casino on the island?
There are several night spots to choose from and a casino located between Ocean Club and Ocean Club West.
Is the island safe?
The Turks and Caicos Islands enjoy a very low crime rate. We encourage visitors to use extra caution here because just like all places that are unfamiliar to you, you can find yourself in places that may make you uncomfortable.
Does the island have a lot of mosquitoes?
There is relatively little standing water for them to breed in so our mosquito population is fairly low. Just like in the U.S., the summer months are more popular for mosquito activity.
Do cell phones work?
Many do. Please check with your provider before leaving regarding roaming charges and international plans.
Is there a grocery store nearby?
Yes. The IGA Graceway Gourmet is within walking distance of Ocean Club West.
Is the island expensive?
It’s not as expensive as many foreign destinations and with the dollar being the currency there are no exchange rate issues for U S travelers. We are an island though and just about everything is imported.
Do I need a car?
It depends on you. If you are staying for a short time and just want to relax you do not need a car. There are taxis if you suddenly want to break loose and we offer free shuttle service between the resorts.
If you are staying longer you might want to rent a car for a couple of days to explore the island.
What is the weather like?
Generally it is sunny and warm. It’s cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer as you would expect but the variance is not that great. We are a fairly dry climate but it does rain from time to time, with summer and early fall bringing the most rain. It rarely rains for a long period of time.
When is the hurricane season and do you have a hurricane policy?
Just like in the U S the hurricane season is June through November. We have a “72 hour prior to arrival” cancellation policy for most reservations (during these dates) which may allows guests to cancel without penalty if a hurricane threatens or if the weather forecast has you concerned.
What if I have a medical situation?
There is a new full service hospital that is open 24/7 on Provo. We also have 911 emergency service. There are other medical facilities on island as well.
Is smoking allowed at the resorts?
Smoking is not allowed in the suites, suite balconies or restaurants. Due to new government regulations in April 2016, smoking is prohibited within 25’ of buildings, other than designated smoking areas. Please inquire with the front desk if you have any question.
- The direct phone number for both resorts is 1 (649) 946-5880.
- Check-in 4pm, check-out 12pm.
- To enhance indoor air quality & protect the well-being of our guests and others, Ocean Club Resorts has a No Smoking policy in all suites and enclosed areas. A cleaning charge will be levied for any guest that does not comply.
- Suites have US outlets (110Volts).
- Transfers to the hotel are provided by taxis. A dispatcher will assist with next available. Cost is approximately $18 – $20 per person, each way (based on shared taxi).
- Driving is on the left side of the road.
- The minimum age to rent a car is 24.
- A complimentary shuttle runs between Ocean Club and Ocean Club West – see front desk for shuttle and times of operation.
- Complimentary Wifi is available ensuite, at the beachfront restaurants, and lobbies.
- Both properties have a business center with complimentary computers and printers.
- OCR offers complimentary bikes, stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, fitness centers, beach towels, umbrellas, tennis equipment, poolside grills, roll away beds, cribs, strollers, highchairs, child monitors, board games, beach toys, dvds, lending library, toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap), & small shopping carts (for grocery pick-up).
- Rooms are not pre-assigned. Requests are taken in advance and although we will do our best to accommodate, requests cannot always be met. Please notify us if a ground level is required for medical reasons – we will advise at booking if this can be guaranteed. Please note that there are no elevators.
- All suites are equipped with hairdryers and safes.
- One Coffee packet provided (only upon arrival) in Summer/Fall. Coffee is replaced daily in Winter & Holiday.
- Laundry detergent provided in suites with washer/dryers.
- Dinner reservations are not required in advance unless booking during peak times: Holiday (Christmas/New Years), President’s Week, Spring breaks (March) and Easter.
- Most restaurants are casual with only a few on island having dress codes (for men this can be pants & collared shirt and for women, a dress – nice shoes).
- Information is subject to change and can be seasonal.
- 27% Tax Service is comprised of 12% Government Tax, and 15% Service Charge and Facility Fee combined
- Minimum age to check-in is 21. All rooms must have at least one person over the age of 21.
- Additional information on Turks & Caicos can be found on www.wherewhenhow.com.